If you are too daring, aim too high and dream too big for the establishment, then we want to hear from you.
Lost Alphabet is currently hosting a call for manuscripts. For dates and eligibility click here.
To submit a proposal for a project click here. Be prepared to answer these questions.
Frequently Asked Questions for prospective authors.
- In one or two paragraphs, describe the work and your approach in creating it.
- Briefly explain why this book should exist.
- List briefly what you consider to be the outstanding, distinctive, or unique features of the work.
- What books already exist in this field? Discuss their strength and weaknesses, individually and specifically.
- How is your book similar and different to these books?
- What kind of person will buy the book, and why? What new information will the book provide to justify its cost and the investment of time required to read it?
- What is your estimate of the total market for the book?
- If you are aware of professional organizations or mailing lists that would be useful in promoting the book, please mention them.
Status of the Book
- What portion of the material is now complete?
- When do you expect to have your manuscript completed?
- What is the planned length of the book (double-spaced typed pages)?
- How many and what figures (drawings, half-tones, charts, etc.) do you plan to include?
- Does the book include any color pages?
- If the book includes photos, please send them in a pdf with a maximum dimension of 1000 pixels on the long side.